Dentist Serving Bergenfield, Dumont, Paramus and Oradell, New Jersey
As healthcare professionals, we are in full compliance with all ADA and CDC recommendations and are carefully following all government executive orders. We have resumed routine services with heightened safety protocols to help ensure the continued health and safety of our patients and our staff. When you contact us to schedule your next visit, we can provide you with information on arriving for your appointment, steps taken during your visit to protect your safety, and what may be required of you to help ensure the safety of our staff. We are excited to resume providing the exceptional dental care your family deserves and look forward to seeing you soon!
Whether you realize it or not, you can prevent tooth damage and protect your oral health more completely than any dentist. Understanding the principles to good dental hygiene and learning the importance of regular teeth cleanings are the first step to maintaining your dental health and preventing future damage.
Dental Hygiene at Home
Ninety-five percent of your dental care is done in front of your mirror at home. Not only should you be brushing and flossing daily, but you should take the time to examine your teeth and mouth to look for changes in your mouth’s overall condition. You should look for changes that include:
- Differences in tooth color
- Changes in gum color, texture, and resilience
- Small chips or cracks in your teeth
- Sores or rough patches that may indicate irritation or inflammation on your tongue or cheeks
- Consistently bad breath even with regular brushing and flossing
Each of these symptoms may indicate a threat to your dental and oral health that may not be immediately visible without a dental examination.
When caring for your teeth on a daily basis, you should be sure to:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, using a gentle motion in a variety of directions, being sure to reach all the exposed surfaces of your teeth, including the backs of your molars.
- Floss at least once daily by gently working the dental floss between each of your teeth and behind your back teeth.
- Use antibacterial mouthwash to help prevent excessive bacterial growth that can damage your teeth and cause gum disease.
Professional Teeth Cleaning
Rigorous attention to your dental hygiene while you are at home can prevent a wide variety of costly dental repairs, but even the most diligent brushing cannot completely protect you from the harmful effects of bacteria. Plaque and tartar will build up on your teeth in the form of a stubborn thin film that can only be removed with professional teeth cleaning.
Please contact our general dentist today to schedule your teeth cleaning appointment. Oradell Family Dental serves patients from Dumont, Bergen County, Haworth, Paramus and nearby areas in New Jersey.