According to a study conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 74 percent of adults feel that an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success; 99.7 percent of adults believe that a smile is an important social asset.
Fortunately, there are a number of teeth-whitening options available to treat discolored teeth. BriteSmile is one such product, a professionally applied teeth-whitening system that uses a hydrogen peroxide agent and blue light to activate the bleaching. In just one visit, you will leave with noticeably whiter teeth and a naturally brilliant smile.
How Does BriteSmile work?
During your BriteSmile session at Dumont Cosmetic, you will get to sit back and relax while experienced New Jersey cosmetic dentist Dr. Howard Perlmutter whitens your teeth with this simple process:
- The BriteSmile whitening gel is applied to your teeth
- The patented BriteSmile® light is positioned over your teeth in 20-minute increments to activate the gel and start the whitening process
- This process is repeated twice more before your go home with your new smile
Maintaining Your New Smile
The same habits that first discolored your teeth can still affect them after teeth whitening. To enjoy your new white teeth long after your appointment, it is recommended that you employ the following practices:
- Avoid dark-colored foods and beverages for at least 48 hours after your BriteSmile treatment
- Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth at least twice every day or after each meal and floss daily
- Use your BriteSmile Whitening Toothpaste and BriteSmile Sonicare toothbrush
- Visit your dentist for your regular cleaning and check-ups, approximately every six months
If you live in the Dumont, Bergenfield, Paramus or Haworth, New Jersey, areas and would like to learn more about your teeth-whitening options, please contact New Jersey cosmetic dentist Dr. Howard Perlmutter at Dumont Cosmetic Dental to schedule a consultation.